No products in the cart.
Maple Gingerbread Cookies
- 1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, dissolved in boiling water
- Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple cream, decorative icing, sugar, mini candies, optional garnish
- In a skillet over low heat, heat Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup and butter. Add ginger, cloves and cinnamon; stir and remove from heat to cool. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, sift 1-1/2 cups of the flour. Make a well in the center and add the maple syrup mixture, egg yolk and dissolved baking powder; mix well. Knead mixture, adding remaining flour to obtain firm dough that does not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a large baking sheet.
- Using a rolling-pin, on a floured surface roll out dough until 1/4-inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out a variety of shapes. Place on baking sheet; bake on top oven rack until cookies are slightly golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Using Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple cream and decorative icing as the glue, decorate the cookies with an assortment of sugars and mini candies, if desired.