Frosted Maple Butter Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup Dark–Robust taste
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup Dark–Robust taste and egg yolk.
- Combine salt and flour; fold into butter mixture.
- Chill dough, wrapped well in plastic wrap, until firm; about 2 hours or overnight. Dough may be made 4 days ahead and kept chilled.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Divide dough in half; place remainder back in refrigerator.
- Lightly flour work surface, and quickly roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out cookies with floured cutters; reroll any cut any scraps.
- Repeat process with second batch of dough.
- (If using maple leaf cutters, mark cookies decoratively with back of knife.).
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- While cookies are cooling, combine ingredients for glaze.
- When cookies have completely cooled, dip into glaze, and allow to dry on wire racks.
- Cookies keep in airtight containers 1 week.
Fuller's Sugarhouse https://fullerssugarhouse.com/wp/