Maple Bacon Mac and Cheese
Write a review
- 1 lb macaroni (1 regular-sized box)
- 4-5 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3½ cups milk
- ¼ cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1½-2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large pan, cook bacon until browned and somewhat crisp. Remove bacon from fat and drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Drain fat from pan and white out with a paper towel. Return the pan to the stove and melt ⅓ cup butter over medium heat (alternatively, you could use ⅓ cup drained bacon fat). Add flour and stir until combined. Cook 1 minute.
- Add milk, 1 cup at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth and thickened.
- Add Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, salt, red pepper flakes, cooked bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir until melted and combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain.
- Combine macaroni and sauce in the pot and pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish or a 9"x9" pan. Top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until pasta and sauce are hot and bubbling.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Fuller's Sugarhouse https://fullerssugarhouse.com/wp/