No products in the cart.
Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 strips bacon
- 2 tablespoons Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, plus more for brushing onto bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2–3 cup chicken broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Garnish with heavy cream, croutons, sunflower seeds or cinnamon if desired.
- Lay 3 slices of bacon on a pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400°F, flip once halfway through.
- Dab off any extra oil and brush maple syrup on both sides of the bacon.
- Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes (until the bacon is crispy).
- Cut up the bacon into small pieces and set aside for garnishing the soup later.
- Melt butter, then add in the onion. Stir and cook on medium heat until fragrant.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken broth, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes have softened. Add 2 tbsp of maple syrup and stir.
- Then blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend in batches until smooth and well-combined.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the bacon bits. Add additional garnish, such as heavy cream, croutons, sunflower seeds or cinnamon, if desired.