No products in the cart.
Maple Bavarian Pot Roast
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1–1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup beer or beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Fuller’s sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cornstarch and water, optional
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast in hot oil. Combine water, beer, tomato sauce, onion, maple syrup, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, bay leaf, pepper and ginger. Pour over meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- Remove meat. Discard bay leaf. If desired, thicken juices with cornstarch and water. Serve with vegetables you desire such as carrots and potatoes.