No products in the cart.
Maple Beer Chili Chicken Wings
- 1 cup pure Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dark beer, preferably porter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed (about 15 to 17)
- Canola oil
- Place ingredients from maple syrup through chili powder in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened and syrupy, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add 3 to 4 inches of canola oil.
- Heat to 350 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, test the oil’s heat by adding a bit of chicken fat to the hot oil. It should sizzle and float to the top, surrounded by bubbles.
- Cook wings in batches for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cover with sauce.Toss well.
- Makes 15 to 17 wings (4 to 6 servings)