- 4 eggs
- 1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached/all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup finely ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 2 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a round baking pan.
- Use an electric mixer and beat eggs on high for 1 minute, then gradually add Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, vegetable oil, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine wheat and all-purpose flour, almonds, baking powder, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, then add liquid ingredients. Stir until smooth, then fold in carrots. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cake cool in pan before transferring to wire rack to frost.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese until fluffy and creamy, then gradually add Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest. If desired, garnish the frosted cake with nuts.
- Yield: 12 – 15 servings