Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add honey and syrup, a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture
- will appear curdled).
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to maple syrup mixture and mix just until moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Next, drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool. Makes 5 dozen.
Fuller's Sugarhouse https://fullerssugarhouse.com/wp/