No products in the cart.
Maple Chocolate Strawberries
- 1 bag (12 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 bag (12 oz) white chocolate or vanilla chips, divided
- 2 pounds strawberries, washed and dried completely
- 1 ½ cups Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar, pulsed in blender
- 4 tablespoons canola oil (optional, to give sheen to chocolate)
- oil-based food coloring (optional), the kind used specifically for coloring candy
- Put 1 cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon canola oil. Cook on full power, checking at 20-30 second intervals, stirring each time. Stop heating when most, but not all, of the chips are melted—there should be a few chunks left. Stir until it is smooth and chips are completely melted. Be careful not to overcook.
- Divide out half of strawberries and dip in melted chocolate, holding by the stem, turning until berry is coated almost to stem; let excess drip off. Place on parchment or waxed paper lined pan.
- Repeat with remaining half of strawberries using melted white chocolate chips. To drizzle contrasting melted chocolate on coated berries, melt remaining chips in same way and drizzle onto berries with a spoon or squeeze bottle. Food coloring may be added to the melted white chips, if desired.
- Sift the Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar onto the strawberries. Store, uncovered or loosely covered, in fridge or cool place for up to 8 hours.
- Serving Size: 16