No products in the cart.
Maple Citrus Chicken Kabobs
- 1/2 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 pounds chicken, cubed
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 2 limes, sliced thin
- 3–4 small oranges, sliced thin
- Wooden skewers, soaked
- In a small pot, combine Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, soy, and orange juice over low heat. Stir in cayenne pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until mixture thickens a bit. Then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Cube chicken (I like a mix of breasts and thighs) into about 1-inch cubes. Add chicken and maple marinade to a large bag or bowl and coat well. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, but you could make it a day in advance.
- Slice citrus into thin slices or chunks for the pineapples.
- Make skewers by alternating chicken with citrus pieces. You should get approximately 10 skewers from the ingredients.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat if you’re using gas grill. For a charcoal grill, build a big mound of coals and have an area for direct heat and indirect heat.
- Before grilling, rub the grill grates with some neutral oil on a paper towel (use tongs so you don’t burn your hands). Then grill the kabobs over direct heat for a few minutes to get some charring. Transfer to indirect heat and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Keep an eye on the kabobs as they grill and rotate them as needed to ensure even cooking. Some charring is good.