No products in the cart.
Maple Coconut Macaroons
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 14-oz bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Then fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture using a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon form heaping mounds onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until the tops and edges are golden. Let the macaroons cool for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To add chocolate: Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power. Stop and stir every 30 seconds, until just smooth and creamy. Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 26 Macaroons