No products in the cart.
Maple Mocha Waffles
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. table salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ cup each sugar and unsalted butter (4 Tbsp.), melted
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
For the Syrup:
- 1 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 3 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- For the waffles, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg yolks, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Melt 2 oz. chocolate in a bowl in a microwave; stir until smooth, cool slightly, then whisk into buttermilk mixture. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a hand mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in egg whites just until combined, then fold in remaining 2 oz. chocolate.
- Coat iron with nonstick spray, scoop ¼ cup batter into each well, and cook waffles until crisp, 7–8 minutes.
- For the syrup, combine maple syrup, chocolate, espresso powder, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook, whisking often until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined.
- Serve waffles with Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup!
Makes 7 Servings.