No products in the cart.
Maple Pumpkin Bread
For the bread
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/4 teaspoon ginger
• 1 cup sugar
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup 100% pure pumpkin (about half of one 15 oz. can)
For the Maple Glaze:
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
• 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
• 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
• Pinch of kosher salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease one 9” x 5” loaf pan and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger until combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl of an electric mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat butter and sugar until just blended, about 30 seconds. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Continue beating until very light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin and mix until combined. The batter might look curdled at this point—that’s okay.
- With the mixer on low, beat in flour mixture until incorporated. Optional: Add pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let pumpkin bread cool in pan about 10 minutes before removing it onto a wire rack. Let cool to room temperature.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a saucepan along with syrup. Add salt and sugar and whisk until smooth. While warm, spoon glaze over pumpkin bread (the glaze will harden as it cools).