Maple Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Write a review
- 1.2kg butternut or pumpkin, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm wedges
- ½ small bulb garlic (cut the bulb of garlic in half horizontally)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ - 2 cups hot chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g haloumi cheese, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, sliced
- ¼ cup natural thick greek yoghurt
- flat-leaf parsley or coriander (cilantro), finely chopped
- Toss butternut, onion and garlic with Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup, olive oil, ground cumin and thyme leaves. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 40-45 minutes or until pumpkin and onion is soft and caramelized.
- Transfer roasted pumpkin and onion to a blender. Squeeze out 2-3 cloves of the roast garlic and add to the blender. Pour in 1 ½ – 2 cups of chicken stock and blend until smooth. Add more chicken stock if needed, until you get the consistency you want. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a fry pan on medium heat and cook haloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Chop haloumi into cubes and toss with chilli and mint.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, or re-heat in a pot on the stovetop if needed. Serve with a good dollop of natural yoghurt, and the haloumi with mint and chilli on the top.
Fuller's Sugarhouse https://fullerssugarhouse.com/wp/