No products in the cart.
Maple Sticky Buns
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1–1/2 cups Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup
- Additional brown sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add shortening, sugar, egg, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes, adding more flour if needed. Divide into thirds. Roll each portion into a 16×10-in. rectangle.
- On each rectangle, spread 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle each with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts. Pour Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple syrup into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Sprinkle with additional brown sugar.
- Tightly roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Slice each roll into 10 pieces; place over syrup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes; invert onto serving plates. .
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking pans may be substituted for the 9-in. round pans.