No products in the cart.
Milk Chocolate Maple Bacon Cookies
- 1 lb. maple bacon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Fuller’s Sugarhouse maple sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt, plus additional for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Fuller’s Sugarhouse maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz. bag milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until well browned and crispy
- Transfer to paper towels to drain and cool
- Reserve the bacon fat
- After the bacon has cooled, crumple into small chunks and set aside
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 375 degrees F and line 2-4 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the butter, 1/2 cup of reserved bacon fat, brown sugar, maple sugar, baking soda, salt and maple extract until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating and scraping the bowl between additions
- Mix in the flour, then the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon
- Scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 tablespoon mounds
- Mix together the extra salt and maple sugar (about 1 tablespoon of each), and sprinkle this on top of the raw cookies
- Bake for 10 to 12 min. or until golden around the edges, and the tops no longer look glossy.
- Allow to cool on baking sheets for 10 min.