No products in the cart.
Whole Wheat Maple Beer Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar
- 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can or bottle beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan
- In a large mixing bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and Fuller’s Sugarhouse pure maple sugar
- Pour in beer; stir until a stiff batter is formed. It may be necessary to mix dough with your hands
- Scrape dough into prepared loaf pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean
- We made this recipe as it reads – makes a very enjoyable bread. However, I wanted a stronger whole wheat flavor and we changed the recipe a little. We used 1 cup all-purpose flour and 2 cups whole wheat flour. The result was a very wonderful wheat bread! Also note that the flavor of the bread will change depending on type of beer used. We used a light beer!